Recent photograph of the exterior of the Dalmatian-American Club, a well-known San Pedro, California, landmark. Dalmatian- Americans played a formative role in the development of the once mighty San Pedro fishing industry.
Known originally as the Jugoslav Club, the building was dedicated on September 30, 1935. In 1949, it was renamed the Yugoslav-American Club. Finally, in 1992, it was renamed the Dalmatian-American Club.
Prominent San Pedro citizen Martin J. Bogdanovich, president of Jugoslav Club and the French Sardine Company cannery, suffered a fatal heart attack just before opening the annual meeting of the Jugoslav Club on June 18, 1944. He was 61 years old.